A California Insurance Update
Insurance ads are everywhere, we constantly hear: save on your home insurance now; it only takes 15 minutes to save; get the best coverage for the lowest price. Most of these types of ads are very misleading and are in some cases not truthful. We want to set the record straight when it comes to competitive homeowner’s insurance; our objective is to get the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service on any personal insurance. Let’s look at some of the most important kinds of personal insurance, and we can let you how to get the right personal insurance for you.
Earthquake insurance is not covered under a typical homeowner’s insurance policy. There are a few things you can do to get the best possible premiums on your earthquake insurance. Make sure your home has the latest earthquake retrofitting and bolting. Make sure your foundation is well maintained. Finally, have us research the market for the best price and coverage. We have access to many earthquake insurance companies and can bring you the coverage you need.
Remember life insurance is not just for the breadwinner. Stay at home parents need life insurance too. To keep your life insurance rates low, you should live a healthy lifestyle to include: not smoking or drinking; watching your weight; getting regular physicals; getting regular exercise. Term life insurance offers the lowest cost, but may not be the best for your situation. We can shop your life insurance with many markets and provide a number different of competitive insurance for you to consider.
There is a very good chance you will become disabled in your lifetime. Do you have the replacement income you need should you be off work for six months to a year or more? Disability insurance offers replacement income in the event you lost your income due a covered injury or accident. One easy way to lower disability insurance premiums is to increase your deductible. Your deductible is the amount of days between your injury/illness and when coverage kicks in. We can help you understand how to get the best coverage, limits, and terms that are designed specifically for you. Often people just buy an off the shelf product, but that may not be the best program.
There are many things you can do to help keep your homeowner's insurance premiums low, including:
- Increasing your property deductibles.
- Ensuring you insure your home and not the land.
- Adding a security system to your home.
- Paying your premiums in full (some carriers offer a discount for this).
- Leveraging senior or military discounts.
- Upgrading basic house systems such as electrical, heating, plumbing and roofing.
Use an independent agent like us to shop your insurance on a regular basis. We will search the market and find the best options for you.
Save On Auto Insurance
As with homeowner’s insurance, there are many things you can control about your auto insurance premiums, such as:
- Using an independent agent to provide you with a quote (we are an independent agency and have access to many markets that provide competitive premiums on auto insurance).
- Drive safely and don’t get tickets.
- Leveraging a multi-vehicle discount (if you have more than one vehicle on the policy).
- Leveraging a student discount.
- Leveraging good driver discounts.
- Leveraging customer loyalty discounts.
- Raising your collision and comprehensive deductibles.
- Considering insurance when making your car purchase (some vehicles are more expensive to insure).
Gather As Much Information As Possible
It is very important to provide as much information about yourself and your family as possible. The more information we have about your home, personal property, vehicle information, and other information, the better able we are to get you the best possible combination of coverage price and service. Remember, the goal is not to get cheap insurance, but the right insurance for you at competitive premiums.