The holidays are behind us, the tree is down, and the gifts are put away. But wait, you may have a problem! In some cases, you may need to update your home insurance or auto insurance in order to maintain the proper personal insurance coverage. Many of us may have purchased gifts that increase our personal liability, and we thought it might be good to review these items. If you have any of these items, please call your agent today.
Gifts That You Will Need to Add to Your Personal Insurance Program
- ATVs, motorcycles, boats, and RVs are not covered for damage or liability without an endorsement to your personal insurance policies.
- If you bought an expensive ring, watch, or other item, it needs to be insured separately for loss and theft.
- Drones are considered aircraft and there are many new laws that could impact your personal liability. Call your agent to review these issues.
- The new car you purchased for your teenager will need to be added to your auto insurance policy.
- Smart home technology. These systems may actually help reduce your homeowner’s insurance, especially if the technology includes alarm systems.
- Guns and art may also need to be added to your policy if they are valued over a certain amount. Each policy is different, so call you agent.
If you added any other personal items of value you may want to review your personal property limits to make sure you are covered correctly.
Whether you are looking for cost-effective insurance for basic needs like homeowners and automobile insurance, or something more specialized, such as insurance for RVs, motorcycles or boats, your Leap / Carpenter / Kemps agent can help you protect your assets without breaking your budget.