According to the US Fire Administration over 400 homes are destroyed annually by causes related to Christmas tree fires. Leap / Carpenter / Kemps Insurance offers competitive rates on homeowner’s insurance that would cover accidental damage due to Christmas tree fires. A well-written homeowners policy will pay to replace any of your personal property that is destroyed in a fire or other disaster. The policy will also be your first line of defense against a lawsuit from someone injured at your home.
Here are a few good reminders to help you enjoy the holiday:
- Keep your Christmas tree well watered. Refilling the water every day will help it last about two to three weeks.
- Check the tree for freshness before buying. A freshly cut tree will have a sticky trunk and the needles will not fall off if touched.
- Set your tree away from heat vents and the fireplace. Heated air just dries out a tree, and one shooting spark can cause a disaster.
- Inspect the lights. Check for exposed or worn wires, as well as broken sockets.
- Turn off the lights at night; use a timer if needed.
- Do not burn the tree in your fireplace.
- Do not overload the electrical circuits.
- Take your tree down the first of January.
Whether you are looking for cost-effective insurance for basic needs like homeowners and automobile insurance, or something more specialized, such as insurance for RVs, motorcycles or boats, your Leap / Carpenter / Kemps agent can help you protect your assets without breaking your budget.
At Leap / Carpenter / Kemps, Merced County’s largest locally-owned agency, we have an experienced staff of professionals who understand that each family has unique insurance needs and that the one-size-fits-all approach just doesn’t work.