There is no question that people who are physically active are healthier and happier. Employers are looking for ways to keep the escalating healthcare premiums in check, and employees are looking for healthcare options. Having healthy people is a good place to start.
The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of activity each week. Now is the time to start your exercise plan, and to encourage you, here are a few benefits you will get from an active life style:
- You will sleep better. Working out for just twenty to thirty minutes on a daily basis will enable you to increase the amount of quality sleep you get on a nightly basis.
- General health. Physical activity controls, and even prevents, some risk factors for heart disease, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, and hypertension.
- Brain health. Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
- Weight control. Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily, especially when combined with healthy eating.
- Reduced mortality risk. One study showed that adults who watch more than 4 hours of television a day had a 46% increased risk of death from any cause, and an 80% increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease. Source herat.org.
- Increased strength. Regular activity increases your stamina and ability to recover from illness.
- Mental health. People who are active have fewer mental health issues.
People of all ages can improve the quality of their lives and reduce the risks of heart disease, hypertension, with ongoing participation in moderate physical activity and exercise. Daily exercise will also enhance one’s mental well-being and health throughout life.
Leap/Carpenter/Kemps Insurance Agency has the area’s largest and most experienced employee benefits department with access to more plans and more options for employers, including some that are exclusive to Leap/Carpenter/Kemps.