A Business Insurance Update – How to Develop a Safer Workplace
As a business owner, providing workers with a safe and healthy workplace is critical to the wellbeing of your employees and the success of your business.
A well thought out security plan should include some of the following items:
- Management Involvement—if the leadership is not on-board, security will not be viewed as important.
- Create a Security Team—this team could be your safety committee and should include management.
- Conduct a Prevention Assessment—think through the various possibilities involving security.
- Security System—what kind of physical security systems and controls are presently used? You might consider using security cameras.
- On-site threat procedures—how prepared is the front desk for a security event?
- Physical Security—physical security is the ability to control physical access to the workplace and to specific locations inside the workplace. This includes controlling unauthorized access during non–business hours and denying access to a dangerous person when employees are present.
- Alarms—does the business have adequate warning systems?
- Written Procedures—develop procedures for employees that help them do the things to increase their chances of survival of some kind of event.
If you are not currently a Leap / Carpenter / Kemps customer, we invite you to talk to one of your many neighbors who are, to see if it might be time for you to change the way that you buy insurance. Let us provide you with a free analysis of your insurance coverage to help you determine if you have the right policies at the right cost. We are here to help!